Visceral Manipulation is a gentle, hands-on therapy that assists functional and structural imbalances throughout the body through organ specific fascial mobilization techniques. Visceral Manipulation helps musculoskeletal, vascular, nervous, urogenital, respiratory, digestive, and lymphatic dysfunction by working with the dynamics of motion and suspension in relation to organs, membranes, fascia and ligaments.
Neural Manipulation is a precise hands-on therapy that identifies and releases local nerve restrictions while at the same time examines the effect these local fixations have on the rest of the body, and by accessing this relationship, resolves the more comprehensive (global) dysfunctional patterns.
New Manual Articular Approach is a gentle, hands-on therapy that integrates all aspects of the joint including the nerve, artery, bone, capsule, and ligaments, as well as visceral and emotional connections. It involves soft tissue mobilization of the associated bones, while looking at direct and indirect relationships between the bones to each other, as well as other structures of the body.
The following are select resources most commonly requested and available throughout our website and grouped here for your convenience for the topic of Chronic Pain.
- Testimonials from Professional Football Players Concussion Intensive Therapy Program
- The Effectiveness of Neural Mobilization for Neuromusculoskeletal Conditions: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis
- Interventions for preventing and treating low-back and pelvic pain during pregnancy
- Effects of neural mobilization on individuals with chronic low back pain
- The efficacy of manual therapy and exercise for treating non-specific neck pain: A systematic review
- Active Visceral Manipulation Associated With Conventional Physiotherapy in People With Chronic Low Back Pain and Visceral Dysfunction: A Preliminary, Randomized, Controlled, Double-Blind Clinical Trial
- Does the addition of visceral manipulation improves outcomes for patients with low back pain? Rational and study protocol
- The effect of a six-week osteopathic visceral manipulation in patients with non specific chronic low back pain and functional constipation
- Effect of Visceral Manipulation on Forward Head Posture in Subjects with Chronic non-specific Neck Pain- A Pilot Study
- Muscles, Connective Tissue Between Organs Influence Illness
- Osteopathy and Influenza
- Manual Therapy and Athletic Injury Rehabilitation: Benefits of a Class of Therapy
- Specialized Touch Helped This Client Avoid Surgery
- US Physician Recommendations to their Patients About the Use of Complementary Health Approaches
- HAS YOUR LIVER BEEN LIBERATED?
- Is Visceral Manipulation beneficial for patients with Low Back Pain?
- Visceral Lymphatic Balancing Techniques
- Effect of Osteopathic Visceral Manipulation on Pain
- The effect of a six-week osteopathic visceral manipulation in patents with non-specific chronic low back pain and functional constipation: study protocol for a randomized controlled trial
- PT Classroom - Sports Injury and Visceral Manipulation
- Is neuroplasticity in the central nervous system the missing link to our understanding of chronic musculoskeletal disorders?
- Is Neuroplasticity in the CNS the missing Link to Our Understanding of Chronic Musculoskeletal Disorders
- The effect of a six-week osteopathic visceral manipulation in patients with nonspecific chronic low back pain and functional constipation: study protocol for a randomized controlled trial
- A Visceral Perspective
- Sports Injury & Visceral Manipulation
- Care for a concussion NOW will save you from LONG TERM effects
- Visceral Manipulation Treatment to Patients With Non-specific Neck Pain With Functional Dyspepsia
- The Effect of Visceral Osteopathic Manual Therapy Applications On Pain
- The effect of visceral osteopathic manual therapy applications on pain, quality of life and function in patients with chronic nonspecific low back pain
- Prospective study of superior cluneal nerve disorder as a potential cause of low back pain and leg symptoms
- In The Spotlight - Interview with Jean-Pierre Barral
- Hands-On Treatment Improves Chronic Low Back Pain, Reduces Medication Us
- Visceral Manipulation: How It Can Help Your Clients
- Osteopathic Tx Eases Low Back Pain
- Low back pain and kidney mobility: local osteopathic fascial manipulation
For a complete list of articles and research, visit our Searchable Article Database
Additional Services and Information
Click for a complete list of patient information and resources.
Click to read more testimonials.
- Visceral Manipulation Case Study - Scoliosis and Back Pain
- Visceral Manipulation Case Study - Neck and Shoulder Pain; Decreased ROM
- Visceral/Neural Manipulation Case Study - Mid-back & Neck Pain
- Visceral Manipulation Case Study - Headaches and Neck Pain
- Visceral Manipulation - Fractured C1/2, Ruptured Esophagus, Right Rib Cage Pain
- Visceral Manipulation Case Study - Car Accident; Neck, Low Back, and Rib Pain
- Visceral Manipulation Case Study - Neck Pain & Thyroid
- Visceral Manipulation Case Study - Neck Pain & Headaches
- Visceral Manipulation Case Study - Low Back Pain
- Neural Manipulation Case Study - Low Back Pain/Hip Pain
- Neural Manipulation Case Study - Neck & Jaw Pain
- Visceral Manipulation Case Study - Chronic Neck Pain and Headaches 2
- Visceral Manipulation Case Study - Chronic Neck Pain and Headaches
- Visceral Manipulation Case Study - Neck Pain/Reflux
- Visceral Manipulation Case Study - Iliotibial Band Syndrome/Low Energy Neck and Knee Pain/Depression
- Visceral Manipulation Case Study - Hip injury/Low back immobile
- Visceral Manipulation Case Study - Low back pain/Anxiety attacks/Insomnia/Bruxism
- Visceral Manipulation Case Study - Acute back pain/Unable to walk and stand
- Visceral Manipulation Case Study - Leg pain and severe back pain
- Visceral Manipulation Case Study - Low back pain, anxiety, and headaches
- Visceral Manipulation Case Study - Helicopylori Bacterium
- Visceral Manipulation Case Study- Numbness in fingertips/Stiffness in cervical spine
Click to read more case studies.
Visceral Manipulation by Jean-Pierre Barral and Pierre Mercier
Jean-Pierre Barral's definitive textbook that discusses the central premise of Visceral Manipulation (VM)as the interrelationship of structure and function among the internal organs and the musculoskeletal system; and how VM can help people with a wide variety of challenges.
Manual Therapy for the Cranial Nerves by Jean-Pierre Barral and Alain Croibier
A practical application of cranial nerve manipulation. Thanks to the wealth of illustrations, it is also an excellent guide with which to visualize the cranial nerves and to understand their many functions.
New Manual Articular Approach to the Cervical Spine by Jean-Pierre Barral and Alain Croibier
With an innovative approach, the authors apply their systems model of the vertebral column to the complexities of the cervical spine, delving into the neural, vascular, muscular, ligamentous, dural, and other systems connections to the cervical spine.
Understanding the Messages of Your Body by Jean Pierre Barral
Barral discusses each organ and its complex relationship with the rest of the body, explaining how pain can originate with an emotional upset that creates distress in an organ, or how a physically damaged organ can cause emotional problems.
Understand the Messages of Your Joints by Jean-Pierre Barral
Each joint is reviewed in terms of its function and the problems that tend to affect it, including discussion of their causes and ramifications for our physical and mental equilibrium.
Manual Therapy Approach to the Brain: Volume 1 by Jean-Pierre Barral
An innovative manual approach to working with the brain that is the result of a rich clinical experience, and a long empirical and pragmatic journey that Jean-Pierre Barral began over four decades ago.
New Approach to the Vagus Nerve and Autonomic Nervous System by Eric Marlien
This book for health care practitioners presents the functional importance of the autonomic nervous system (ANS) in the physiological, behavioral, and psychological balance in humans.
How to Beat the Stress Epidemic; Mind/Body Strategies for Enhancing Well-Being by Eric Marlien
A clear and concise theoretical description of stress and its consequences for health, along with collection of exercises and practices that lead the reader step by step towards physiological, emotional, and psychological balance.
Visceral Manipulation for Female Pelvic Disorders by Olivier Bazin, Mark Naudin, and Jean-Pierre Barral
This book is based on the most common pelvic disorders encountered in clinical practice and provides practitioners with key treatments to aid with patient care and recovery.
Your Inner Physician and You by Dr. John E. Upledger
This lively book describes the discovery and therapeutic value of the craniosacral system in easy, understandable terms healthcare professionals and laypeople alike can understand.
Click for a complete product list of books.