Headaches and Migraines
Visceral Manipulation is a gentle, hands-on therapy that assists functional and structural imbalances throughout the body through organ specific fascial mobilization techniques. Visceral Manipulation helps musculoskeletal, vascular, nervous, urogenital, respiratory, digestive, and lymphatic dysfunction by working with the dynamics of motion and suspension in relation to organs, membranes, fascia and ligaments.
Neural Manipulation is a precise hands-on therapy that identifies and releases local nerve restrictions while at the same time examines the effect these local fixations have on the rest of the body, and by accessing this relationship, resolves the more comprehensive (global) dysfunctional patterns.
New Manual Articular Approach is a gentle, hands-on therapy that integrates all aspects of the joint including the nerve, artery, bone, capsule, and ligaments, as well as visceral and emotional connections. It involves soft tissue mobilization of the associated bones, while looking at direct and indirect relationships between the bones to each other, as well as other structures of the body.
The following are select resources most commonly requested and available throughout our website and grouped here for your convenience for the topic of Headaches and Migraines.
- Testimonials from Professional Football Players Concussion Intensive Therapy Program
- Effect of Visceral Manipulation on Forward Head Posture in Subjects with Chronic non-specific Neck Pain- A Pilot Study
- Gut-brain Axis and migraine headache: a comprehensive review
- Fascia Focused Manual Therapy Interventions-Proposed Treatment for Post-COVID Syndrome
- The Body Tells Our Story
- Web extra: Symptoms and treatment options for CTE patients
- Meniere's Disease 16 Ways the help manage this inner ear disorder
- Effectiveness of a Treatment Involving Soft Tissue Techniques and/or Neural Mobilization Techniques in the Management of Tension-Type Headache: A Randomized Controlled Trial
- APPLICATIONS AND CONTRAINDICATIONS OF NEURAL MANIPULATION
- Healing Concussions in our Hands...Literally
- Sports Injury & Visceral Manipulation
- Care for a concussion NOW will save
- Systematic review of randomized clinical trials of complementary/alternative therapies in the treatment of tension-type and cervicogenic headache
- Connection between the spinal dura mater and suboccipital musculature: evidence for the myodural bridge and a route for its dissection--a review
- Pilot study of the effects of mixed light touch manual therapies on active-duty soldiers with chronic post-traumatic stress disorder and injury to the head
- Reduction of Current Migraine Headache Pain Following Neck Massage and Spinal Manipulation
For a complete list of articles and research, visit our Searchable Article Database
Additional Services and Information
Click for a complete list of patient information and resources.
Click to read more testimonials.
- Case Report: Manual therapies promote resolution of persistent post-concussion symptoms in a 24- year- old athlete
- Visceral Manipulation Case Study - Left Sided Headaches
- Visceral Manipulation Case Study - Headaches and Neck Pain (July 17th, 2018)
- Visceral Manipulation Case Study - Neck Pain & Headaches (July 3rd, 2017)
- Neural Manipulation Case Study- Headaches/Vertigo/Anxiety/Cervical Pain
- Neural Manipulation Case Study - Sciatica/Chronic HeadachesClick to See More Case Studies
- Visceral Manipulation Case Study - Chronic Neck Pain and Headaches
- Visceral Manipulation Case Study - Low back pain/Anxiety attacks/Insomnia/Bruxism
- Neural Manipulation Case Study - Trigeminal Neuralgia
Click to read more case studies.
Visceral Manipulation by Jean-Pierre Barral and Pierre Mercier
Jean-Pierre Barral's definitive textbook that discusses the central premise of Visceral Manipulation (VM)as the interrelationship of structure and function among the internal organs and the musculoskeletal system; and how VM can help people with a wide variety of challenges.
Manual Therapy for the Cranial Nerves by Jean-Pierre Barral and Alain Croibier
A practical application of cranial nerve manipulation. Thanks to the wealth of illustrations, it is also an excellent guide with which to visualize the cranial nerves and to understand their many functions.
New Manual Articular Approach to the Cervical Spine by Jean-Pierre Barral and Alain Croibier
With an innovative approach, the authors apply their systems model of the vertebral column to the complexities of the cervical spine, delving into the neural, vascular, muscular, ligamentous, dural, and other systems connections to the cervical spine.
Understanding the Messages of Your Body by Jean Pierre Barral
Barral discusses each organ and its complex relationship with the rest of the body, explaining how pain can originate with an emotional upset that creates distress in an organ, or how a physically damaged organ can cause emotional problems.
Understand the Messages of Your Joints by Jean-Pierre Barral
Each joint is reviewed in terms of its function and the problems that tend to affect it, including discussion of their causes and ramifications for our physical and mental equilibrium.
Manual Therapy Approach to the Brain: Volume 1 by Jean-Pierre Barral
An innovative manual approach to working with the brain that is the result of a rich clinical experience, and a long empirical and pragmatic journey that Jean-Pierre Barral began over four decades ago.
New Approach to the Vagus Nerve and Autonomic Nervous System by Eric Marlien
This book for health care practitioners presents the functional importance of the autonomic nervous system (ANS) in the physiological, behavioral, and psychological balance in humans.
How to Beat the Stress Epidemic; Mind/Body Strategies for Enhancing Well-Being by Eric Marlien
A clear and concise theoretical description of stress and its consequences for health, along with collection of exercises and practices that lead the reader step by step towards physiological, emotional, and psychological balance.
Visceral Manipulation for Female Pelvic Disorders by Olivier Bazin, Mark Naudin, and Jean-Pierre Barral
This book is based on the most common pelvic disorders encountered in clinical practice and provides practitioners with key treatments to aid with patient care and recovery.
Your Inner Physician and You by Dr. John E. Upledger
This lively book describes the discovery and therapeutic value of the craniosacral system in easy, understandable terms healthcare professionals and laypeople alike can understand.
Click for a complete product list of books.