Stress and Tension-Related Problems
Visceral Manipulation is a gentle, hands-on therapy that assists functional and structural imbalances throughout the body through organ specific fascial mobilization techniques. Visceral Manipulation helps musculoskeletal, vascular, nervous, urogenital, respiratory, digestive, and lymphatic dysfunction by working with the dynamics of motion and suspension in relation to organs, membranes, fascia and ligaments.
Neural Manipulation is a precise hands-on therapy that identifies and releases local nerve restrictions while at the same time examines the effect these local fixations have on the rest of the body, and by accessing this relationship, resolves the more comprehensive (global) dysfunctional patterns.
New Manual Articular Approach is a gentle, hands-on therapy that integrates all aspects of the joint including the nerve, artery, bone, capsule, and ligaments, as well as visceral and emotional connections. It involves soft tissue mobilization of the associated bones, while looking at direct and indirect relationships between the bones to each other, as well as other structures of the body.
The following are select resources most commonly requested and available throughout our website and grouped here for your convenience for the topic of Stress and Tension-Related Problems.
- Testimonials from Professional Football Players Concussion Intensive Therapy Program
- A Review of the Theoretical Fascial Models: Biotensegrity, Fascintegrity, and Myofacial Chains
- Reflections on osteopathic fascia treatment in the peripheral nervous system
- TO DEVELOP PROFESSIONAL BOUNDARIES MEANS UNDERSTANDING SHADOW PROJECTION
- Polyvagal Theory and How it Relates to Social Cues
- Ask the Expert: Patricia Rogers of Body to Brain
- The Body Tells Our Story
- Visceral Manipulation 101 Address A Lifetime Of Strains
- Visceral Inflammation and Immune Activation Stress the Brain
- I Went to Sleep Boot Camp to Find Insomnia Cures That Actually Work to Sleep Boot Camp to Find Insomnia Cures That Actually Work
- Manual Therapy and Athletic Injury Rehabilitation: Benefits of a Class of Therapy
- PT Classroom - Effects of Neural Manipulation in the Body
- A way to heal trauma | Live Well
- New cause of chronic stress identified in the brain
- Stress: It's Not in Your Head, it's in your Nervous System
- Manual Therapy for Alzheimer's and Dementia Patients
- The Real Couse Of Depression Is About Way More Than Just Serotonin
- Modalities: Athletic Therapists
- How anger affects your brain and body
- Flowers, sound, touch: Urban India's unusual remedies to tackle stress
- Healing Concussions in our Hands...Literally
- Systematic review of randomized clinical trials of complementary/alternative therapies in the treatment of tension-type and cervicogenic headache
- Organ massage is the next big wellness trend, and we're absolutely fascinated
- Pilot study of the effects of mixed light touch manual therapies on active-duty soldiers with chronic post-traumatic stress disorder and injury to the head
- How to Make Friends with Your Reptilian Brain
- What Veterans Want You To Know About PTSD
- Characterization of interface astroglial scarring in the human brain after blast exposure: a post-mortem case series
- What if PTSD Is More Physical Than Psychological?
- How the brain processes emotions
- Resiliency Building Skills to Practice for Trauma Recovery
- How chronic stress predisposes brain to mental disorders
- Complaining Is Terrible for You, According to Science
- CULTIVATING NEUTRALITY
- The Effect of General Osteopathic Treatment on pain in Veterans Diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
For a complete list of articles and research, visit our Searchable Article Database
Click to watch more videos about CranioSacral Therapy, Visceral, and Neural Manipulation.
Additional Services and Information
Click for a complete list of patient information and resources.
Click to read more testimonials.
- Visceral Manipulation Case Study - Stress Incontinence
- Visceral Manipulation Case Study - Acid Reflux Symptoms
Click to read more case studies.
Visceral Manipulation by Jean-Pierre Barral and Pierre Mercier
Jean-Pierre Barral's definitive textbook that discusses the central premise of Visceral Manipulation (VM)as the interrelationship of structure and function among the internal organs and the musculoskeletal system; and how VM can help people with a wide variety of challenges.
Manual Therapy for the Cranial Nerves by Jean-Pierre Barral and Alain Croibier
A practical application of cranial nerve manipulation. Thanks to the wealth of illustrations, it is also an excellent guide with which to visualize the cranial nerves and to understand their many functions.
New Manual Articular Approach to the Cervical Spine by Jean-Pierre Barral and Alain Croibier
With an innovative approach, the authors apply their systems model of the vertebral column to the complexities of the cervical spine, delving into the neural, vascular, muscular, ligamentous, dural, and other systems connections to the cervical spine.
Understanding the Messages of Your Body by Jean Pierre Barral
Barral discusses each organ and its complex relationship with the rest of the body, explaining how pain can originate with an emotional upset that creates distress in an organ, or how a physically damaged organ can cause emotional problems.
Understand the Messages of Your Joints by Jean-Pierre Barral
Each joint is reviewed in terms of its function and the problems that tend to affect it, including discussion of their causes and ramifications for our physical and mental equilibrium.
Manual Therapy Approach to the Brain: Volume 1 by Jean-Pierre Barral
An innovative manual approach to working with the brain that is the result of a rich clinical experience, and a long empirical and pragmatic journey that Jean-Pierre Barral began over four decades ago.
New Approach to the Vagus Nerve and Autonomic Nervous System by Eric Marlien
This book for health care practitioners presents the functional importance of the autonomic nervous system (ANS) in the physiological, behavioral, and psychological balance in humans.
How to Beat the Stress Epidemic; Mind/Body Strategies for Enhancing Well-Being by Eric Marlien
A clear and concise theoretical description of stress and its consequences for health, along with collection of exercises and practices that lead the reader step by step towards physiological, emotional, and psychological balance.
Visceral Manipulation for Female Pelvic Disorders by Olivier Bazin, Mark Naudin, and Jean-Pierre Barral
This book is based on the most common pelvic disorders encountered in clinical practice and provides practitioners with key treatments to aid with patient care and recovery.
Your Inner Physician and You by Dr. John E. Upledger
This lively book describes the discovery and therapeutic value of the craniosacral system in easy, understandable terms healthcare professionals and laypeople alike can understand.
Click for a complete product list of books.
Ready to learn about becoming a certified Barral practitioner?
Contact us today to get started.